Your In-Lab Sleep Study
Specialized Sleep Diagnostics experienced technologists will make your testing experience as comfortable as possible. Diagnostic monitoring will record your breathing, oxygen saturation, physical movements, brainwaves, and heart rhythm. Monitoring is done by collecting information from electrodes and sensors. The application of electrodes is painless and safe.
Below are some guidelines and instructions that will help us receive the best results from your study. Our staff appreciates your cooperation greatly.
Before your study:
- We are requiring face coverings/face masks – if you don’t have one we will provide one for you.
- Bring pajamas, loose fitting clothing, or a two piece outfit to wear.
- Take all medications as normal, and if you have any medications that you take before bedtime please bring them with you. (Technologists many not administer any medications.)
- Please arrive at the lab with clean washed hair.
- Do not use hair gels, sprays, or oils and arrive with clean facial skin. This will ensure the best adhesion of the electrodes.
- Hypoallergenic tape is used to place all electrodes and sensors. Please let us know if you have any allergies.
During your study:
- Your private room is equipped with a sleep monitoring system and the technician will explain the procedure and answer any questions you may have.
- If you need anything throughout the night, the technologist will be available through an intercom system.
- Video monitoring will be on throughout the night. Recordings are viewed only by your technologists and/or physician.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere in the facility or near the entrances.
Receiving Your Results:
- Results will be available in about 7-10 business days.
- Sleep reports are sent to the referring physician. If you wish to obtain a copy of your report, please let your physician know.
- All reports will be made available to your physician who will be able to discuss your results in detail.
- If you wish to obtain a copy of your report, please let your physician know.
- The technologist may not give any information regarding your sleep study results or medical condition.